Wednesday, February 4, 2009

English word of the day

你们好,how is everyone doing today? I thought I would say that is a learning blog and if anyone wants to learn something about America I would be happ to tell you. And maybe someone could post new Chinese words that I dont know and tell me the translation and meaning I would be grateful. What I am trying to say is maybe somebody could post a new Chinese character each day and tell me the meaning and I will post a new English word and its meaning.

Today the word is( Restitution ) giving back something that has been lost or taken away, restoration or reimbursement, as for loss.

2 comments:

  1. Fred! Glad to see this place, you know, leaning language is a long time process, hope you can keep at it! Restitution, it is really a hard word to me. I seldom use it, I guess the word is often used in a insurance agent. Make a sentence, you need a restitution after the accident from the insurance company. Is it right?
    赔偿 is the saying in Chinese.

    Ok ,now ,I also supply an Chinese phrase: 押金, I just learned it today. Means" security deposit "such as if you want to rent a apartment, before you move into there, you need to pay the landlord some money, and then when you cancel the contract one day, the landlord will give you your money back. Of course, under the situation his apartment do not be destroyed .

    Anyway, 加油!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello, I will be shenzhen in 2 days ..see you soon

    ReplyDelete